Friday, July 31, 2009

Where Did Summer Go?

I know other people are wondering the same thing. It went by so fast, I barely had a chance to say hello. I've only been swimming one time... oh wait, make that two.
The weather has been pretty hot until recently. Today it is perfect. Drew and I sat on the back porch reading for the last hour. Parker played with his chalk and water gun. We even took Pinkie (our albino rabbit) outside. We were all soaking up the cool breeze. Pinkie loves to dig and eat the grass. I love to watch him soak up the sun. He's so cute. And I like to get Parker out of the house a little every day. I hate that he knows what buttons to push for his cartoon channel.
My little Parker is growing so fast. I just noticed that his toes are hanging over the edge of his sandals, but I love to buy clothes for him. That's because I can usually find something for myself at the mall too.
So, with summer ending, we are a busy little family. Parker had his yearly check-up Wednesday. My poor lil baby had to get 3 shots. He's got a rash from one of them, and a high fever this morning, but he feels better now. He's also got two more appointments in the next month - his first dentist appointment (yikes!) and a check-up with his urologist. Not to mention, school will be starting soon.
Drew, well, he's in the process of getting his bus-driving license, getting his master's degree, and about to start school as well. Good luck to Drew on getting that license! If you don't know, Drew's not exactly the best driver in the world. It took him 4 times to pass his regular driving test!
I've got my hands full with my last semester. I registered for the GRE, but I'm not exactly sure I signed up for the correct one. UGH! I feel so stupid, because I waited too long, and my scores won't be ready until after the application date for grad school! That's something I'll have to figure out, but for the moment I want nothing to do with it.
Lately, I've been doing good with running and watching what I eat. My eating habits are still far from perfect, but I'm losing weight and it feels great. I'm going to run a 5k tomorrow morning before work. My biggest obstacle is breaking out of my comfort zone. I'm hoping that running with other people will help me with that. I had hoped to run more races this summer, but it just hasn't happened. Tomorrow will be my first race since the half marathon in April. EEK!
But for tonight, we're going to a rodeo! YEEEHAAW!

1 comment:

  1. The weather was amazing this weekend! I'm glad it was good all over the state!

    ReplyDelete