Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend has not been too bad, but I definately could have had more fun. Friday I had to take the GRE which was the hardest test of my life. But I lived and my scores were average. Ehh... I suppose I'm just your average girl. After that I came home and chilled with Parker and Drew for a while. That night we went to some friend's house. It was such a nice evening we sat outside and enjoyed some tasty beverages while our dogs played together. (They're the friends who gave us our two bundles of joy.)
Saturday was quite uneventful. I worked from 6 in the morning until 5 at night. Drew and Parker went to visit my in-laws, and I stayed home and went to the neighbors' cookout. I turned in early and went to bed only to do it all over again. Sunday I worked again, then came home and spent the evening finishing the book I got for my birthday, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Then, just when we were getting into bed Drew got a text. One of our friends invited us to do a 5k run in Bethany. I was up for it, and Drew was not.
So, this morning at 6:45 we left the house and went for the run. It was a nice little run. There weren't many runners, but there was a band and food. Food is always the best part. The downside is that it was so humid and there was no breeze at all. My time was 26:19. Because I haven't been training at all, I'm not upset about it. It was a good run, and I felt better to do it. Maybe this will be the kick I need to get motivated again.

Yay for running!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment. Yes, we went to Meers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment on my blog, just in case you didn't know I generally reply comments on my blog itself. But anyway, looks like you need to give us all an update. Your labor day post is quite out dated! :-)

    ReplyDelete